About Charitable Impact
Charitable Impact started as a bold idea and evolved quickly into an unwavering belief: everyone should have access to resources that help them build the brighter future they imagine. Our online platform is like a bank account for charitable giving. Anyone can use it to find and give to their favourite charities from one place, give with friends and others, and get support with making their biggest impact possible. So far, Canadians across the country have donated tens of millions of dollars through our platform.
We take care of each other
Our team members enjoy competitive salaries, purposeful perks, and a culture that gives back and has fun doing it. We support each other, learn from one another, and grow together. We’re on an adventure to make giving an intentional and joyful part of daily life! So, come and join us, and let’s build a brighter future together.
What you’ll do
The Marketing Coordinator will help grow Charitable Impact’s digital presence, audience, and reach. The Marketing Team is looking for someone to support content creation on our blog and other channels, to create captivating marketing collateral and other written materials, to effectively manage and plan social media content, and to contribute to successful marketing campaign efforts. The position reports to the Senior Manager, Digital Marketing Content.
The Marketing Coordinator is someone who is highly organized and has a knack for creating catchy digital content that gets people talking. The ideal candidate can produce dynamic copy that produces results, while paying attention to the smallest details. You are not afraid to experiment with ideas, are analytical, adaptable, and able to pivot based on feedback. You will contribute to change through effective digital content strategies and tactics, working closely with team members.
Content planning and copywriting
- Collaborate with the Sr. Manager, Digital Marketing Content, to contribute to an editorial calendar that drives content creation and campaigns.
- Contribute to the creation of dynamic copy for blog articles, email newsletters, and marketing collateral.
- Perform SEO research and contribute to efforts to boost audience growth.
- Proofread and edit content, as required.
Social media management
- Manage and implement a social media content calendar for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube, and explore new social channels.
- Keep an eye out for awareness days, events, and social media trends to update content channels and maximize exposure—as well as stay on top of trends in the fintech and charitable sectors to inform content.
- Working alongside our Donor Engagement and Experience Team, respond to public and service queries on social media.
- Handle influencer outreach to help grow social media audiences.
- Brainstorm and create innovative new content ideas for social media and for marketing campaigns.
- Report and provide analytics on the performance of social media.
- Work in close collaboration with content strategists in Product and Brand, as well as with Design and other key stakeholders, to contribute to and share a cohesive and compelling brand.
- Collaborate with Sr. Manager, PR & Communications, and Director, Demand Generation, to achieve consistent and effective outreach.
- Partner with other key stakeholders, including senior leaders, to meet user and business needs through strategic marketing efforts.
What we’re looking for
- Degree or diploma in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in an agency, in-house marketing department, or similar role.
- Engaging portfolio of writing and copywriting for diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated experience creating or growing digital communities through social media.
- Understanding of digital platforms, including social media channels and Google Analytics.
- Ability to translate complex concepts and messages into crisp, clear copy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SEO best practices and keyword search.
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to contribute innovative ideas to advance organizational goals.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and assignments while meeting deadlines.
- Strong proofreading and copyediting skills.
- Community engagement and event planning experience.
- Skills and experience in creating podcasts or video content.
What we offer
– Extended health care benefits. Vision, dental and paramedical.
– Annual health spending account. To spend on what’s important to you.
– Professional development. We believe in supporting our team members achieve their professional goals.
– RRSP matching. To encourage you to save for your future.
– Monthly donation matching. To encourage you to give.
– Rest and relaxation. Minimum three weeks paid annual vacation for all team members.
– Flexibility. Flexible work schedules and remote work options.
Our people make us great
We love working with creative and open-minded people who bring imagination and courage to work, who treat others with respect and kindness, and who act on their generosity each day. We’re committed to building an inclusive and collaborative workplace that values equity and welcomes everyone.
At Charitable Impact, we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of our hiring process.