Join our team
TELUS is proud to support local communities and content creators. Through the Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) funding, the TELUS Local Content team provides production grants, training, live streaming and distribution opportunities to diverse filmmakers and content creators in BC and Alberta.
We distribute these stories to over one million TELUS Optik TV customers as well as to audiences online. We are focused on empowering underrepresented organizations, communities and individuals to tell their stories through our STORYHIVE and Community Content programs.
We are a team of highly skilled, diverse and passionate professionals dedicated to creating a space that amplifies storytellers’ voices and is free of barriers so all communities in BC and Alberta have access to create, distribute and discover stories that matter to them. Expertise of our team is built by folks who bring a variety of identities and lived experiences, as well as professional experience in film/TV production, marketing, community building, equity and more.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As the STORYHIVE Production Manager, you’ll support the evolution of our STORYHIVE programs, develop and nurture other community content initiatives and collaborate to design and execute new ones, all with a focus on attracting social purpose story ideas from the communities we serve. You will work on the STORYHIVE team with two other Product Managers. Working closely with the Manager of Local Content and the Community Voices team, you’ll help develop annual content calendars for various STORYHIVE editions and programs, while working with various internal teams to execute on plans. By applying customer application data, viewership data and customer feedback, you will identify key markets and underrepresented communities, and help identify tactics to meet the needs of your assigned territory. You will help evolve the strategy, community impacts and customer experience for Community Programming for years to come.
- • Develop and design our Community Programming strategy for your assigned territory
- • Execute that territory strategy through STORYHIVE and Community Voices programs, live streaming and outreach while building strong community connections with local content creators enabling community members to create content for distribution on Optik TV that our customers want to watch
- • Project manage a minimum of one STORYHIVE edition annually, including: designing the application, guidelines, FAQs; working closely with external stakeholders and internal teams to meet milestones
- • Reviewing and editing application and copy and consulting on outreach strategy
- • You will be responsible for representing STORYHIVE publicly through media interviews, various panels including Ask Me Anything discussion panels and community events
- • You will be working with external moderators to review applications, create shortlists and facilitate selection of awarded projects
- • You will act as the single point of contact for content creators, external stakeholders and the internal team
- • Also will be responsible for managing deliverables and payments to creators
- • Perform business affairs tasks including updating and negotiating and executing content agreements with community content creators
- • In alignment with TELUS Masterbrand pillars, develop and support the curation and ingestion of more community-based social purpose stories through various content programs
- • Continue to develop and grow our Community Programming, helping drive awareness and participation by key underrepresented markets and communities
- • Track key performance metrics (including community programming minutes of content), resolve challenges, and source differentiated localized content in alignment with Local Content team priorities
- • Ensure our community content initiatives reflect our diverse community and provide an accessible experience for our customers
- • Support the creation of executive presentations and communications for Local Content to help achieve buy-in, manage expectations and increase transparency
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- • Recognized for your strong all-round communication with a keen ability to form and sell ideas and influence outcomes
- • Known for your ability to project manage and work in a highly-collaborative, cross-functional setting, able to co-create and execute with other stakeholders
- • Understanding of digital ecosystem and content strategy including inclusive storytelling and social purpose stories
- • Proven ability to execute strategy, and turn information into insight and present recommendations
- • Ability to coordinate creative professionals from multimedia and video productions
- • Deeply passionate about equity, diversity and inclusion, and open to incorporating inclusive best practices into work every day
- • Commitment to supporting storytellers and stories from traditionally underrepresented communities including BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+, persons with disabilities and disabled communities, women and new Canadians
- • Experience working in equity and inclusion
- • Experience with project management and/or production management
- • Experience supporting the development and execution of strategies
A bit about us
Our business is connecting Canadians. Our social impact is using our world-leading technology to create meaningful change, give back to help communities thrive, and help those who need it most. When you join our team, you’re helping us make the future friendly. We’re committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability -your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.