Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder (a member of WSP) is seeking a junior – intermediate social scientist to join their human environment team in their Vancouver, BC location. This team of social scientists and engagement specialists works in Canada and internationally on environmental impact assessments; policy and program development; social management planning, sustainability initiatives, engagement, social due diligence, and project performance monitoring.
Working as a member of our Environmental Planning and Permitting Team, responsibilities include:
- Support socio-economic and land and marine use assessments, as part of environmental impact assessments for capital projects
- Secondary research and primary data collection and field work, including qualitative and quantitative data collection with the public stakeholders and Indigenous groups
- Support Indigenous and public engagement activities for projects
- Assist with development of socio-economic and land and marine use management plans for projects, to meet regulatory and corporate requirements and best practice
- Assist with marketing Golder’s socio-economic and land and marine use assessment services under the direction of senior staff, including proposal preparation
- Assist senior staff with Project coordination and management, and proposal development.
You will possess or have a background in:
- A degree in social science (e.g. sociology, anthropology, geography, economics)
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary projects and teams, preferably on environmental impact assessments
- Experience working with Indigenous groups and stakeholders
- Experience conducting informant interviews, and other primary data collection methods an asset
- Strong team player – ability to work with all levels of an organization and good communications skills
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 13 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder, now a member of WSP, is a leading, global consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder Associates Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and all other applicable legislation. Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.