Metro Vancouver is chalk full of inspiring women who are taking charge of social innovation, nonprofits, and community improvement. If you’re connected in this industry you might know 1 or 2 people who not only could get an award but deserve it.
Each year the YWCA of Metro Vancouver holds a gala honoring these exact women – and nominations for 12 different categories are now open until January 18, 2019. The award presentation event will be held on Monday, May 13, 2019, at the JW Marriott Parq Vancouver.
Ready to nominate someone? A colleague? a boss? a sister? here are 9 things to keep in mind first to see if they’re eligible (from the YWCA website):
- Live and work (individuals) or operate (businesses and organizations) within the Metro Vancouver region bounded by and including Hope, Pemberton, Sunshine Coast and the United States border
- Not currently be taking part in a campaign or serving a term in office as an elected government official
- Satisfy each of the nomination criteria for their award category
- Consent to the nomination and the publication of her/their name, photo and information
- Attend the Women of Distinction Awards photoshoot
- Be available to attend the event on Monday, May 13, 2019.
- For the Young Woman of Distinction category, be 18-25 years of age as of Thursday, March 7, 2019.
- Satisfy the YWCA Metro Vancouver Women of Distinction Values Statement (see below)
- Submit a quote and participate in the Connecting the Community Award(individuals only)
This event provides much-needed exposure to not only great work that’s being done in this city (and globally reaching) but appreciation for so many great people – a truly inspiring way to spread the message of impact.
Since 1984, YWCA Metro Vancouver has paid tribute to more than 300 award recipients and more than 1,750 nominees.
Visit the YWCA website to nominate the next 2019 Women of Distinction here.