Working under the direction of the Manager, designate, or team leader, will coordinate the improvement of the quality of life for persons with developmental and physical disabilities through the creation of community connections/inclusion and safeguards. The goal is to build community based personal support networks that effectively provide for quality of life, personal growth and safety for each individual. The principles of Person Centered Planning/Thinking and Optimal Individual Service Design will be utilized.
The successful candidate will provide various services including employment, learning, and recreation with a focus on inclusion within various community based locations in the North Okanagan or as designated as part of various individual’s service plans.
This position requires supporting the individuals in all areas of their lives including home, work, social recreation and the community
May be required to provide 1:1 support for an individual who requires full support to participate in activities, needs personal care and has some behavioral challenges.
• Successful completion of Special Needs Worker Certificate or equivalent as determined by KDA
• Class 4 Driver’s License (unrestricted)
• Drivers Abstract
• Criminal Record Search
• First Aid Certificate
• TB Test
• Medical Certificate
• Experience and proven ability dealing with highly challenging behavior
• Willingness to provide regular toileting care towards some individuals
• Essential: Physical ability to provide personal hygiene care in which some physical support around transferring and dressing is required.
forward resume and cover letter to Deborah_anderson@kindale.net
no phone calls please