FARM-TRACE is an exciting new technology platform helping organizations make sourcing decisions that benefit people and the planet. FARM-TRACE provides regular, verified farm-level impact reporting so organizations have the information they need to support climate smart farming practices, differentiate their products and enhance their brand.
Working with some of the world’s leading food and environmental organizations, we are seeking a front-end developer to lead the transition of our frontend website to a new React front end framework. Working with our project manager and product team, you will get responsibility from day one to lead the rework the entire front end of the FARM-TRACE platform.
This is a 5-month full-time position with potential to transition into a permanent role.
We are seeking someone with strong front-end development skills, a critical mindset, and a passion for making the world a better place.
- Developing a modern highly responsive web-based user interface using React concepts
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs into high-quality code
- Monitoring and improving front-end performance
- Develop a flexible and well-structured front-end architecture, along with the APIs to support it
- Documenting application changes and developing updates
- Proficient with Git, Ubuntu/Linux, and Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with Leaflet and DataTables is a plus
- Computer science degree or equivalent programming certificate
- 2+ years’ experience working within a software team (can include co-op or industry placements)
What we give you:
- A supportive working environment to help you learn
- An opportunity to be a part of and to learn agile development processes
- The potential to create and lead your own projects
- Competitive salary based on experience
Who you are
- You love to learn new things and constantly improve
- You have precise attention to detail and are always problem solving
- You are great at managing and prioritizing multiple tasks
- You’re always one step ahead of the game, identifying problems before they arise.
- You want purposeful work which helps to make the world a better place
Our office is based in Vancouver, BC but we welcome people to apply both locally and across Canada who can work full time remote.
This role is being funded by Eco Canada. As such, please ensure you meet their eligibility requirements before applying: https://www.eco.ca/internship/internquiz
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
Submit a cover letter and resume
Contract length: 5 months
Application deadline: 2020-09-16