1 Year Full-time contract, with the possibility to become full-time permanent
If you are passionate about empowering others to live their happiest lives and kick sugar, we want to hear from you! We are SmartSweets, the innovators of the first candy that kicks sugar.
As a Graphic Designer, you will be playing a vital role in executing our exponential growth and driving forward the mission to kick sugar. You are a creative brain who can manage multiple tasks on the go.
Who Are We?
At SmartSweets, we believe in the power of curiosity. We believe with a smart combination of passion, focus and innovation that can change the world! We believe there is no time like the present — and the ability to affect change lies within each of us. We trust it's possible to live in a world where candy doesn’t always equal sugar, and where words like guilt, permission, and indulgence no longer carry weight. We believe we can enjoy candy just as we enjoy life - to the fullest.
Kick Sugar, Keep Candy.
Our Mission: Provide people with the candy they know and love, without the sugar.
Our Vision: To be the leader global leader in revolutionizing candy.
Our track record: We are in our fourth calendar year in market and are distributed in over 18,000 stores in the US and Canada. We have experienced record sell-throughs with our key partners and we are grateful to have cultivated a devoted tribe, with over 384,000 in our social media community.
Our Core Values:
- Extreme Ownership: We have a deep sense of accountability and lead egolessly .
- Celebrating Individuality: We believe the uniqueness and individuality of each squad member makes us stronger as a whole.
- Curious Innovators: We are innovators and harness our energy to relentlessly create solutions - All ‘problems’ are opportunities hidden in disguise.
- Fuelled by Passion: We are fuelled by tenacity, passion and we embrace change.
- Honouring Relationships: We are honoured to be included and to be part of our customers’ journey. We are grateful for those that support us – Customers, partners and each other.
A Day In The Life:
- Reports to our lead graphic designer and works closely with the Director of Marketing and various marketing team members
- Work within an existing brand style to execute production-based creative requests for web (i.e. social media, ecomm and digital marketing)
- Consistent management of project & task progression through the team's project management software
- Social Content Creation: Work with the content team to create weekly social media assets including content for Instagram Feed, and Instagram Stories. May include GIFs and video asset creation
- Work with lead graphic designer and content team to Create feature content for product launches, retailer launches, brand campaigns, etc.
- Create on brand content for various digital platforms including eNewsletters, eComm and 3rd party website
- Create and edit basic video content for social, email and website
- Complete detailed updates to packaging design and creation of printed brand assets
- Coordinating print projects and communicate details and ETAs with operations team
- A social-aware designer with an eye on online trends
- An innovator who gets excited by creative thinking and bringing new projects to life
- A self-starter who is comfortable maintaining multiple tasks and shifting business needs
- Passionate believer in kicking sugar and creating better-for-you options to consumers
- A team player who makes others’ days better through your interactions and attitude
- Someone who loves wearing all the hats and taking ownership #startuplife
- A collaborator who thrives on teamwork and maintains the “make it happen” spirit
- Excited to live and breathe our values, are fired up by our #kicksugar mission, and must love to have fun!
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with digital design
- Degree or diploma in graphic design considered an asset
- Design experience across digital, mobile, and video platforms (social media and web design)
- High Level of Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, working knowledge of AfterEffects considered an asset
- Proven ability to meet weekly deadlines and produce digital-ready material
- Experience in CPG industry is considered an asset
- Experience with front end or UX design an asset
- Strong Project Management Skill
This is a one year contract with the possibility to become full-time permanent.
Excited to join and play a key role in our mission to Kick Sugar? We want to hear from you! Please apply with your resume and cover letter and share why you’re excited about kicking sugar!