We are looking for a Senior Construction Environmental Management Specialist to join our team of experienced and skilled professionals. We provide a safe, supportive, and engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration, and integrity. With the opportunity to apply the latest scientific approaches and gain analytical skills, you can realize your career potential. Our compensation plan is competitive with great opportunities for growth and advancement through mentorship, training, and other professional development opportunities.
The successful candidate will be welcomed into an exceptional team of professionals working across Canada that are dedicated to science-based, ethical environmental consulting practices, and collaborating on fascinating and challenging assignments. This role will be based in one of our following offices: Terrace, Fort St. John, Vancouver, or Courtenay.
This role will be responsible for:
- Supporting a team of Construction Environmental Management subject management experts.
- Technical leadership on construction environmental management projects, particularly for the erosion and sediment control aspects.
- Drafting, implementing, and evaluating environmental strategies, compliance plans, and management systems.Providing senior review of Construction Environmental Management Plans and Environmental Protection Plans.
- Providing senior oversight and review of daily and weekly reports.
- Liaising directly with clients and construction contractors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
If you have the following qualifications and are looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity, we would like to hear from you.
- 10+ years’ experience in an environmental monitor role.
Registered professional designation is an asset (e.g., R.P.Bio., P.Geo., P.Ag., or P.Eng.).
- Experience with major projects (e.g., BC EAO-certified), and provincial and federal permitting.
- Drafting, reviewing, and implementing complex Construction Environmental Management Plans.
- Identifying and managing risk in the field of environmental compliance.
- Prescribing and monitoring environmental mitigation measures.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality, and excellence are key attributes.
- Effectiv and demonstrated communicator with strong inter-personal skills.
- Excellen time management, organizational skills, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic business with strict deadlines,budgets, and quality standards.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite.
Interested applicants can send a resume and cover letter that clearly identifies their experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the roll is filled. Only those applicants that are selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.