We are looking for an Environmental Technician to join our team of experienced and skilled professionals based in Fort St. John. We provide a safe, supportive, and engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration, and integrity. With the opportunity to apply the latest scientific approaches and gain analytical skills, you can realize your career potential. Our compensation plan is competitive with great opportunities for growth and advancement through mentorship, training, and other professional development opportunities.
The successful candidate will be welcomed into an exceptional team of professionals working across Canada that are dedicated to science-based, ethical environmental consulting practices, and collaborating on fascinating and challenging assignments. This role will be responsible for:
- Preparing and adhering to project safety plans and Ecofish health and safety policies and procedures.
- Leading field work, which may include construction environmental monitoring, fish and fish habitat assessments, breeding bird nest surveys and water quality monitoring.
- Participating in and leading field data collection programs and site reviews.
- Preparing samples for laboratory analysis.
- Completing data entry with strict adherence to Ecofish’s internal QA/QC processes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
If you have the following qualifications and are looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity, we would like to hear from you.
- A diploma or B.Sc. in Biology or Environmental Sciences, or a related field 3+ years of field work experience in a related field
- Level one first aid, swiftwater rescue, and electrofishing certificates are assets
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality, and excellence are key attributes
- Effective and demonstrated communicator with strong inter-personal skills
- Physically capable of working in remote locations, including in streams
- Reliable, well organized, motivated, and self-managed
- Quick learner, flexible, and team oriented
Interested applicants can send a resume and cover letter that clearly identifies their experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the role is filled. Only those applicants that are selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.