Are you calm in a storm? Are you excited by the challenge of keeping things organised and running smoothly whilst demands change moment to moment in an exciting tech start-up? Are you passionate about the non-profit sector and technology, and eager to explore innovative ways of increasing impact? Keela is looking for an experienced and approachable ringmaster, who is confident in taking initiative and optimising our performance.
Keela is on a mission to empower every social impact organization around the world with technology. We believe that access to powerful tools will change how nonprofits fundamentally work. We build and support software that we designed specifically for the needs of non-profit organizations. We are a certified B-Corp* (read the definition below it’s pretty awesome). Our team is passionate about diversity and inclusion — something that we believe is a source of deep strength in our growing company. We are a team of builders and leaders truly dedicated to building a globally impactful, sustainable and ethical business.
We are a close knit team of around 25 and are growing. Our office is in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We love to have fun, yes, but we don’t spend our days playing foosball and lounging around the office, we are passionately driven to hit targets, help customers and reach our next milestone. We are driven by the understanding that every non-profit that adopts Keela can do more good in this world, help more people and drive more positive impact, that is what motivates us every day. We love what we do, we are supported in our efforts and guided to reach new personal bests. Together we make up a culture defined by our empathy for others, our freedom to be creative, our mettle in the face of a challenge and our hustle and hard work when it’s required; All if this is strengthened by our diversity in style, approach and background. We are bringing useful, beautifully designed and feature rich software to serve the needs of the nonprofit sector. We are enabling those dedicated to doing good… to do more good.
Oh and we have a friendly, adorable, cuddle loving office dog. So well…. Must love dogs!
*Certified B Corporations are businesses that balance purpose and profit. They are legally required to consider the impact of their decisions on their workers, customers, suppliers, community, and the environment. This is a community of leaders, driving a global movement of people using business as a force for good.
About the Role
This role is really one suited for someone who can wear many hats and has many skill sets; a player who has hustle and a great attitude! The ideal Keela Office Manager will be confident and enthusiastic and above all a great communicator both in person, email, and via Slack. Do you confirm everything? Do you value assertiveness and clarity? Are you incredibly organized and have a great attention to detail? This role will give you the opportunity to dive into many departments as you will be an integral part of developing our people and culture, ensuring our AR and AP are organized and in order, and facilitating internal communications. This role may be ideal for a brilliant business graduate who wants to learn the various elements of start up operations, people and culture, or financial management. While you won’t run any one of these elements on your own, you will be supported and trained in the execution and facilitation of them all. In this role at Keela, we can promise you will learn and grow. We are on a fast growth trajectory and can ensure you an amazing ride with our team of A players.
- Administrative support for CEO and COO
- Developing team culture and team wellness, including planning and executing team events
- Managing basic accounting (accounts payable and receivable, expense reports, etc.)
- Bank reconciliations (and other support for our external bookkeeping team)
- Filing monthly PST/GST/QST returns
- Organising and attending meetings, taking minutes, purchasing any needed supplies, and providing follow up information
- Tracking, managing, and recording personal expense reports
- Assisting in recruitment and hiring of new staff members
- Managing payroll system and benefits system
- Using sector knowledge to advise and guide product, development, and GTM teams where necessary
- Office supplies management, including but not limited to organizing the purchase of in office goods, taking inventory, ordering, and maintaining office supplies, negotiating purchasing, managing beneficial relationships with external vendors, and sourcing/purchasing items for conferences
- Facilitating good relationships with service providers, and troubleshooting office services when needed
- Requesting service requests on behalf of team for physical office space
- Management of the physical office space, including keeping the office clean and functional, with a positive vibe, managing resources, supporting team scheduling, and mail management
- Updating and streamlining team procedures and policies, including emergency policies, interteam communication, and encouraging collaboration between teams
- Managing vacation and time-off requests
- Sourcing opportunities for corporate culture development, including awards, conferences, and speaking opportunities
- Supporting the Customer Success & Support team by answering customer support tickets, and providing data clean-up/management for professional services
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years experience as an Office Manager, Office Administrator, or similar
- Prior experience with accounting, billing, or payments software (such as Stripe, Xero, Receipt Bank, etc.)
- Problem-solving attitude
- Focused, ambitious, and independent
- Excellent critical analysis
- Passionate about making a positive social impact
- Attention to detail, organised, and flexible
- Strong initiative, self-sufficient, and proactive
- Ability to multi-task and appropriately prioritise tasks
- Discretion in all tasks
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and open-minded in considering ways you can help the team
Bonus Skills & Qualifications
- Significant experience in the non-profit sector
- Experience in early-stage tech start-up
- Experience in fundraising
- An understanding of donor management
Salary $44k - $50k per year (depending on experience), plus benefits. This is a full-time, in-house role, based in our Vancouver office.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to hire[at]networksforchange.org. We look forward to hearing from you!